Monday, April 29, 2013

The elephant whisperer my life with the herd in the african wild pdf



The Elephant Whisperer: My Life with the Herd in the African Wild by Lawrence Anthony (Author), Graham Spence (Author). Lawrence Anthony devoted his life to animal conservation, defending the world’s endangered species. Then he was requested to accept a herd of “rogue” wild elephants on his Thula Thula recreation reserve in Zululand. His widespread sense informed him to refuse, but he was the herd’s final chance of survival: they would be killed if he wouldn’t take them.

With a purpose to save their lives, Anthony took them in. In the years that adopted he became part of their family. And as he battled to create a bond with the elephants, he got here to realize that they’d an incredible deal to teach him about life, loyalty, and freedom.


The Elephant Whisperer is a heartwarming, thrilling, humorous, and generally sad memoir of Anthony’s experiences with these enormous but sympathetic creatures. Set in opposition to the background of life on an African game reserve, with unforgettable characters and exotic wildlife, Anthony’s unrelenting efforts at animal protection and his outstanding reference to nature will inspire animal lovers and adventurous souls everywhere.

I have been fascinated by elephants ever since seeing a documentary on them so it is no wonder this e-book caught my attention. From web page one it grabbed me and kept enthralled throughout. The relationship between Lawrence Anthony and his wild herd of elephants is something to be admired. I felt transported to another world as I read about life on “Thula Thula”. This e book is not only about elephants but about all of the adventures of life in the African Wild. I am so enthusiastic about this man and his work that I now need to visit Thula Thula at some point so I can meet this wonderful herd of jumbos. In case you are an animal lover, especially unique animals, I highly suggest this book. It won’t disappoint.

I loved this book. It took me into a world that I may only hope to experience. Lawrence Anthony has a narrative to inform that may fill hearts with exhilaration, pleasure, as well as unhappiness and exasperation. He actually reveals the depth of elephants in a way that just one who has spent appreciable time and love on them can. A great read.

The Elephant Whisperer: My Life with the Herd in the African Wild
Lawrence Anthony (Author), Graham Spence (Author)
384 pages
St. Martin’s Griffin; Reprint edition (May 22, 2012)

More details about this books.

No comments:

Post a Comment